We will kayak from island to island, about 7 miles each day, camping each night under the stars. There will be plenty of time for swimming and snorkeling in the turquoise waters. This trip is a great combination of exploration, adventure and relaxation. No kayaking or camping experience is necessary.
This trip is made for all experience levels. Whether this is your first time kayaking or you’re a seasoned kayaker, this trip will surely be an unforgettable experience.
It is important to note that this trip is considered to be primitive. That means while we are out island hopping, there will be no running water, electricity or toileting facilities. Our lodging accommodation will be tents! Don’t worry, we will carry plenty of food and water with us and you’ll be rewarded at the end with a hot shower at the hotel. This trip will truly get you back to nature.
*AIRFARE NOTE: We need all 8 spots to fill for the trip to go. Please DO NOT purchase airfare until we notify you to do so. You will be notified when all spots are sold so that you can purchase your airfare. The deadline for registration is February 4th.
We will notify you no later than that date. If you purchase airfare prior to notification, we will not be held responsible for any expenses.
Feel free to contact Jackie Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Kayaks and Kayaking Equipment
- Camping and Cooking Equipment
- Snorkeling Equipment
- All Food Except While at The Hotel (approximately 2 days)
- Hotel Accommodations for 2 nights
- In-country Transportation
- Two Certified Trip Leaders
- Your very own CORE Nalgene!
What’s NOT Included:
- Travel insurance (~$25 through the UF International Center)
- Transportation to/from airport while in the USA
- Food while at the hotel (~2 days)
- Personal camping equipment – sleeping bag and sleeping mat (available for rent at CORE)
- Other personal items – (toiletries, clothing, et.)
- 3/3: Fly into Exuma International Airport; meet at hotel and prep for the trip
- 3/4: Transport to put-in, gear up our kayaks; embark to 1st island
- 3/5: Kayak to 2nd island; snorkel, relax, play and enjoy (we will be here for 2 nights)
- 3/6: Kpend the day exploring the area on foot, by kayak or underwater; relax and enjoy
- 3/7: Kayak to 3rd island; play, relax and enjoy
- 3/8: Kayak to 4th island; play, relax and enjoy
- 3/9: Kayak back to starting point; transport to hotel, shower and enjoy the last evening together
- 3/10: Fly home
Your mandatory pre-trip meeting date and time will be listed on your receipt email.
All trips are non-refundable unless cancelled by CORE.
This Program schedule is not viewable online.